Pineapple Salsa

My favourite fruit is here. Yay!! It's raining pineapples in the market and obviously it's bound to find its way to my kitchen. I adore pineapples. Yes, all you mango-lovers, I would any day choose pineapples over mangoes. More so since this is the first Monsoon in 3 years that I'll actually be able to savour those delicious citrus bites without worrying about how to peel a pineapple without getting your fingers cut.
The last two years, pineapple-wise, have been quite a tragedy for me. I was in Delhi, living right next to my office in this really upmarket locality which undoubtedly is the fruit-hub of South Delhi. They had amazing supplies of the best peaches, kiwis, cherries, melons, black grapes amongst all the other usual stuff. I would bare my pockets every 2-3 days and bring home a humongous quantity of fruits. But despite being my all-time favourite, pineapple was one thing I was always wary about. Never could I manage the art of peeling the damned thing without hurting my fingers in the process.
But now, as you know, I am home. And home is where the heart pineapple is. So without much ado let me jump straight into my first exploit with this season's pineapples. A simple Pineapple Salsa. It's fresh and crunchy, full of that citrus-y burst of flavour in every bite. You can have it as a salad, you can have it as a side, or you can just have this and nothing else at all. Weight watchers, you're going to love this!
Recipe inspired and partly adapted from Two Peas and their Pod
Serves: 1-2

Ingredients:

Pineapple, diced in small cubes: 1/2
Capsicum, chopped finely: 1 small
Onion, chopped finely: 2 tbsp
Sweet corn kernels, boiled: 3-4 tbsp
Lime juice: 1/2 a lime
Roasted Garlic Flakes: 1 tsp
Salt: to taste (I used garlic salt)
Mint leaves: 4-5 (I did not have leaves, hence I used dried mint)

Method:

1. In a big bowl put all the ingredients together and toss them well till everything gets mixed.

2. Have immediately or let it rest in the refrigerator for sometime and then serve it cold.

Comments

Popular Posts